Thursday, 6 July 2006

Almost Forgot

Yesterday, 05 July, marked the sixth anniversary of my arrival to London. A date I am keener to celebrate than my own birthday for some reason.

In the morning of that day in 2000, I stuffed my stuff in my little 106 Peugeot and drove off to end up about 7 hours later, in Surrey Quays where I would stay at a friend's place for a few months.

I remember, when I was probably about ten, wondering where I would be in 2000 when I would be 26. I didn't imagine at the time that I would be starting a life in a new country. There has been up and downs in those past 6 years (as should be expected) but on the whole, I think, the ups outnumbered the downs. I also got the chance to do things I would never have been able to do, had I remained in the sticks.

Here is to another 6 years!

1 comment:

  1. Not another six years!

    I'm glad you came :0)

    Slightly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. Note that comments are moderated and only those in French or in English will be published. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and to leave a thought.