Skip to main content

pink sauce | life, with a pink seasoning

As of tonight, my blog Aimless Ramblings of Zefrog, that "place where I can vent my frustration, express ideas and generally open my big gob without bothering too many people" which will be 6 in a couple of months, becomes Pink Sauce. While the URLs zefrog.blogspot.com and www.zefrog.eu are still valid to access this page, the main URL now becomes www.pinksauce.co.uk.

There is a vague plan to create a proper website for www.zefrog.eu to which the blog would be linked.

Why Pink Sauce, you may ask. It is both simple and complicated. For several years, I have grown out of love for the name of the blog. It felt a bit cumbersome and clumsy. That said, I never really looked into changing it, seriously.

Tonight, for dinner, I had pasta with a special pink sauce of my concoction; single cream and ketchup. I know most people while feel nauseous at the very though of the mixture but trust me, it's gorgeous. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

After having had my platter I boasted on Twitter about my sauce and one of my followers (@nminers) suggested that I should have a website called Pink Sauce. Immediately this seems like the perfect name for my blog. A place where I speak about the minutia of live but, more often than not, with a gay (or pink) twist.

I therefore check that the domain name was available, bought when I found out that it was and fired up photoshop for a spot of design. The result, a couple of hours later is the headmast now topping those pages. I'll probably hate it in the morning but hey, that's life!

I hope that this will not prove to much of a shock for my readers. Please feel free to leave comments about the new look. But please forward any complaints to Mr Miners.

Le blog est mort, vive le blog!


Comments

  1. congrats. I like the name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, those of you with complaints, please email no.reply@im_not_listening.co.uk. Got that? Good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All change for you! Great new name, I like it! May give the actual recipe a pass, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, well done. i keep meaning to come up with a name for mine but i never think of anything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. Note that comments are moderated and only those in French or in English will be published. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and to leave a thought.

Popular posts from this blog

A Short History of the Elephant and Castle and Its Name

Last night I attended a lecture by local historian Stephen Humphrey who discussed the general history of the Elephant & Castle, focussing more particularly on what he called its heyday (between 1850 and 1940). This is part of a week-long art project ( The Elephant Project ) hosted in an empty unit on the first floor of the infamous shopping centre, aiming to chart some of the changes currently happening to the area. When an historian starts talking about the Elephant and Castle, there is one subject he can not possibly avoid, even if he wanted to. Indeed my unsuspecting announcement on Facebook that I was attending such talk prompted a few people to ask the dreaded question: Where does the name of the area come from, for realz? Panoramic view of the Elephant and Castle around 1960/61. Those of us less badly informed than the rest have long discarded the theory that the name comes from the linguistic deformation of "Infanta de Castille", a name which would have become at...

Welcome to Towleroad Readers

On Wednesday, Towleroad , the top gay blog, who win all the awards, were kind enough to link to and quote from my post on Football and Homophobia . This has generated quite a bit a traffic in this otherwise desolate region of the blogosphere. So much so that Wednesday was my highest day ever with 132 hits (previous one was 97), this week is already my highest ever with 317 hits so far (previous one was 287) and this month is the highest month ever with already 865 hits (previous one, last month, was 739, thanks to the posts on the Danish cartoons). So thank you again to Towleroad and welcome to their readers. I hope they like what they see and will be back from time to time.

As Grace

Another picture reconstruction. This time the victim is Grace Jones and her picture by Jean Paul Goude (explained here ) which was used for the cover of her 1985 compilation album, Island Life . Unlike Ms Jones, though, this is all me posing. No reconstruction other than adding the original background and props in Photoshop. See the making-of picture of my version here . Below is another, more elaborate reconstruction of the pic done with the help of photographers Jasmin Teer (photography) and Dan Bosworth (Photoshop) in July 2009. This pic was "The Awesome" in The Goude, The Bad and The Awesome (March 2010).