Friday, 28 September 2007

Easiest 200 Quid Ever

Tube 3

A couple of weeks ago, I received a message through my Flickr account. It was about the picture above.
I'm from a design company in Covent Garden and would like to use the shot for a brochure for LU. We would of course pay you, but would need a higher resolution image if you have one.
I took the picture around 5.30 one morning in April this year. I am not sure why I was up so early and looking out of the window that day, but the fact is that I did, saw this lovely sight and snapped it.

The brochure is internal to London Underground but I should get a copy anyway. Today I received a cheque for £200 in payment for the use of the picture. That's my now aging digital camera having almost paid for itself (It cost me £300 in 2002).

Funnily enough, a few days later, I received another message by the same channel and about the same picture, although from an American fondery, this time.
I recently just finished developing a series of typefaces based on the London Underground typeface and was wondering if you would mind if i used one of your photos ([link]) for a small informational/promotional PDF file that I would post online. In return for usage of your photo, i am willing to offer licensing to the regular medium weight of the typeface.
I responded that I had little use for license of a typeface. I haven't heard anything more but in any case, I am well chuffed. The unexpected money is nice, of course, but more importantly, and probably wrongly, all this interest tells me that I am perhaps not too bad with a camera.


1 comment:

  1. I realize that I lag in seeing this - Bravo tough.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. Note that comments are moderated and only those in French or in English will be published. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and to leave a thought.