Saturday, 5 August 2006

Happy Birthday, WWW... or not

The BBC tells us that tomorrow will mark the 15th anniversary of the World Wide Web (not the Internet, mark). CNN doesn't quite agree.

Things have moved along quite a bit since I started to use the web myself (sometime around 1995, as far as I can remember) and will probably keep moving very fast for sometime still. Stopping a moment to take stock, I realise how much surfing the net has become part of my life. I used it to communicate with most (if not all) people I know, I bank online, I buy things online (mostly books), I meet people online, I met my best friend (who is also now one of my business partner) online, and of course I use it to find information. Rarely a day passes by when I am not online.

Does that make me a nerd?



Tags: , , .

2 comments:

  1. Why don’t you go back to where you came from, you vile Frog queer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britain's 10 million broadband users spend an average of 23.5 hours online each week, equivalent to 50 days of the year, a survey suggests.

    see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5252874.stm

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. Note that comments are moderated and only those in French or in English will be published. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and to leave a thought.