Skip to main content

How Lovely?!

I had my first nasty comment on this blog today (attached to the previous post). Someone asking my why I didn't go back to where I am from and including derogatory remarks about my being gay. As always in that sort of situation, the author finds himself incapable of mustering enough courage to reveal his identity and therefore give some legitimity to his words.

As for the reason, why I am staying in this country, I could say that it is because I love London, that is feels like home to me. A place of increadible opportunities with a vibe of open-mindedness not to be found anywhere else in my (limited) experience. And this would all be true.

But I have now a whole new reason to stay: because it bothers dear Mr (or Mrs) Annonymous...




Tags: , .

Comments

  1. For goodness'sake, Zefrog, do yourself a HUGE favour and please re-read/proofread your posts before posting them online as they are invariably riddled with typos which someone endowed with an intellect like yours really shouldn't be making.

    "A place of *increadible* opportunities" and "because it bothers dear Mr (or Mrs) A***nn***onymous...within two or three sentences. Hard to stomach.

    And while I am at it, "give some legitimity to his words" is one of those anglicismes which a CAPES-holder really shouldn't succumb to. "Legitimacy".......pleazzzzzzzzze...

    A fellow expat from Frogland

    ReplyDelete
  2. The emotion was all too much for me or perhaps, it is because I am not a CAPES-holder... :O)

    but thanks for the corrections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs*

    We'll go out at the weekend, hunt Mr or Mrs Rude Anon down and give them a good talking to.

    SL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it with people so willing to offer an opinion without being brave enough to stick their name next to it!?

    Keep typing Zefrog!!

    :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. Note that comments are moderated and only those in French or in English will be published. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and to leave a thought.

Popular posts from this blog

A Short History of the Elephant and Castle and Its Name

Last night I attended a lecture by local historian Stephen Humphrey who discussed the general history of the Elephant & Castle, focussing more particularly on what he called its heyday (between 1850 and 1940). This is part of a week-long art project ( The Elephant Project ) hosted in an empty unit on the first floor of the infamous shopping centre, aiming to chart some of the changes currently happening to the area. When an historian starts talking about the Elephant and Castle, there is one subject he can not possibly avoid, even if he wanted to. Indeed my unsuspecting announcement on Facebook that I was attending such talk prompted a few people to ask the dreaded question: Where does the name of the area come from, for realz? Panoramic view of the Elephant and Castle around 1960/61. Those of us less badly informed than the rest have long discarded the theory that the name comes from the linguistic deformation of "Infanta de Castille", a name which would have become at...

Welcome to Towleroad Readers

On Wednesday, Towleroad , the top gay blog, who win all the awards, were kind enough to link to and quote from my post on Football and Homophobia . This has generated quite a bit a traffic in this otherwise desolate region of the blogosphere. So much so that Wednesday was my highest day ever with 132 hits (previous one was 97), this week is already my highest ever with 317 hits so far (previous one was 287) and this month is the highest month ever with already 865 hits (previous one, last month, was 739, thanks to the posts on the Danish cartoons). So thank you again to Towleroad and welcome to their readers. I hope they like what they see and will be back from time to time.

As Grace

Another picture reconstruction. This time the victim is Grace Jones and her picture by Jean Paul Goude (explained here ) which was used for the cover of her 1985 compilation album, Island Life . Unlike Ms Jones, though, this is all me posing. No reconstruction other than adding the original background and props in Photoshop. See the making-of picture of my version here . Below is another, more elaborate reconstruction of the pic done with the help of photographers Jasmin Teer (photography) and Dan Bosworth (Photoshop) in July 2009. This pic was "The Awesome" in The Goude, The Bad and The Awesome (March 2010).