Sunday, 4 March 2007

The Consequences of Falling

Are you breathing
What I'm breathing
Are your wishes
The same as mine

Are you needing
What I'm needing
I'm waiting for a sign

My hands tremble
My heart aches
Is it you calling
Is it you calling
If I'm alone in this
I don't think I can face
The consequences of falling

Are you thinking
What I'm thinking
Does your pulse
Quicken like mine

Are you dreaming
What I'm dreaming
I can't read your mind

One step towards you
Two steps back
Feels like I'm crawling
Feels like I'm crawling
If I'm alone in this
I don't think I can face
The consequences of falling

My hands tremble
My heart aches
Is it you calling
Is it you calling
If I'm alone in this
I don't think I can face
The consequences of falling

k.d. lang (Steinberg/Nowels/D'Ubaido)

If you are in the US, listen to the song here.
Heard in Soldier's Girl.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you are not misusing the word "gay" here!

    Anyway, you'll find that she is a lesbian, not "a gay"... (and she writes her name without capitals).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. Note that comments are moderated and only those in French or in English will be published. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and to leave a thought.