Skip to main content

Confusion

On the long and arduous journey through the intricate forrest that is life, I thought I had found a nice and welcoming clearing where I could rest for a while and build up some strength. I should have known better.

In a post in December last year, I mentioned quickly a guy I had met on the net and to whose place I had been for a bit of fun. Let's call him M. That was the last shag of the year and right up until yesterday afternoon, he looked like he was going to be the first one of this year too. I had not heard from him since December but a few weeks ago, he texted me and expressed an interest in meeting up. We chatted a couple of times on MSN but were not able to organise anything until yesterday afternoon. On one occasion, he sent me a pic of himself featuring his bum, telling me that it belonged to me!

I was actually quite looking forward to this "meeting". This sort of things very very rarely happen to me and the guy, without being a stunner, has a good body and an easy personality. This was going to be a little balm on my parched heart. Being the cynic that I am, I did have a few misgivings, thinking he would cancel at the last minute, but even on Saturday evening when I texted him to confirm, everything seemed fine. Again, I should have known better.

There is currently a room available in the house I live in and a prospective flatmates was supposed to come and visit at 1.30pm. The dippy cow turned up 40 min late, without even ringing to inform us she would be late. As a result, with a little help from the bus network, I arrived about 20min late at M's place.

We started chatting. He talked about his flatmate's boyfriend and how he wasn't interested in having one at the moment; about his project to go back to see his family for easter, his job and so on. Very quickly, he also announced that he was still feeling fluy after having been ill for the past few days and was simply not going to have sex that day. I was a bit disappointed by this but I am a flexible guy (!) and thought we could just chat and be sociable. Where things started to go pear shaped, is when he started to tease me and let me go quite far (I'll spare you the details) in my response to his teasing; still claiming he was going to have sex that day. After about 40 min, he said it was time for him to go and meet his flatmate in town and we rearranged our clothed and left. Soon I found myself at a bus stop, M hugging me and cryptically saying we could not blame each other.

Having been at the receiving end of all these conflicting signals, I have too say that I was to say the least confused. What was the meaning of all this? What had I done wrong? I just could not decypher the clues which had been laid in front of me. I still can't. Soon, I was also quite depressed by the whole episode, finding myself once again alone in the cold, the sunny clearing disappearing in the distance. If you have an idea of what happened here, or if you know of a good monastery, let me know on a postcard please.

In the evening, someone I know told me they had been diagnosed HIV+ a few months ago; a timely reminder that compared to other people's, my problems are minute. They are very much mine however and what I have to grapple with. What is closest is biggest.

Someone I was chatting with online about the events of the day told me I seemed "in serious "nobody loves me and I'll die alone" mood!". I think in my case, it is more the state of things than a simple mood. Most of the time I manage to forget this but sometimes, like yesterday, life obligingly reminds me of it...



Tags: , , , , .

Comments

  1. You know, you probably did nothing wrong at all. People can just be strange sometimes. He is probably going through a mood just like you are going through a mood thinking you did something wrong. Does that make any sense? Hope so. Don't worry about it...it shortens your life span. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. Note that comments are moderated and only those in French or in English will be published. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and to leave a thought.

Popular posts from this blog

A Short History of the Elephant and Castle and Its Name

Last night I attended a lecture by local historian Stephen Humphrey who discussed the general history of the Elephant & Castle, focussing more particularly on what he called its heyday (between 1850 and 1940). This is part of a week-long art project ( The Elephant Project ) hosted in an empty unit on the first floor of the infamous shopping centre, aiming to chart some of the changes currently happening to the area. When an historian starts talking about the Elephant and Castle, there is one subject he can not possibly avoid, even if he wanted to. Indeed my unsuspecting announcement on Facebook that I was attending such talk prompted a few people to ask the dreaded question: Where does the name of the area come from, for realz? Panoramic view of the Elephant and Castle around 1960/61. Those of us less badly informed than the rest have long discarded the theory that the name comes from the linguistic deformation of "Infanta de Castille", a name which would have become at

Rev. Peter Mullen's Blog

Rev. Peter Mullen is the chaplain to the London Stock Exchange and the rector of St Michael's Cornhill and St Sepulchre without Newgate in the City. Rev. Peter Mullen was also until recently a blogger. Sadly the result of his cyber labour seem to have been deleted but Google has thankfully cached some of it and I have saved a copy for posterity, just in case. The deletion of Rev. Mullen's writings might just have something to do with the fact that last week, the Evening Standard and then the Daily Mail published an article (the same article actually) about some of those very writings (even though the elements of said writings being quoted had been published in June this year, at the time of the blessing ceremony which took place between two members of the Church of England in St Bartholomew the Great - picture ). In the article, we learned what the Rev. thinks about gay people and what should be done to them: We ["Religious believers"] disapprove of homosexuality

Liam Messam and Tamati Ellison Swap Jerseys

I am having a bit of a vacuous evening looking at images of pretty rugby players. Addidas, with its latest viral campaign, Jersey Swap , seems to be squarely aiming at the gay market with a selection of five antipodean rugby players, visitor to the website can select and see take their tops off and... well... swap jersey (those interested can create posters too). My favorites of the bunch are Liam Messam and Tamati Ellison . The pictures of their pretty faces and bulging naked torsos (excuse me while I sit down for a second!) included to this post should tell you why. A job well done for Addidas. This will go round the Internet for a while, I think.